Monday, July 27, 2015

07/26

09:34 (writing this on 09/28)

Relaxing. I woke up at 10 AM on the beautiful Sunday morning. You know, oversleeping is such a normal thing to do on the weekend! Then, I facetimed my wonderful TL friends. Every time I talk to family and friends, I become extremely homesick. But, it reminds me that I am going back home (as bittersweet as that sounds). It's like I am leaving a place that I turned into my home, but I am going back to my real home, if that makes any sense. Actually, we make our own homes wherever we go! So, leaving India will truly be a bittersweet experience. Wow, I have been simpin' too much!


I went for a swim in the afternoon, and I have been actually improving. I can now "breathe" underwater. For example, I am getting used to exhaling underwater and going up for air. I do not know the terminology for that. I really hope that I can swim wall to wall without struggling before I leave ICRISAT! It is a lofty goal, but it will be extremely satisfying if I can accomplish it.

And, I took another nap and finished the day with a Harry Potter movie. It is so awesome to share my love for the movies and books with my roommate. Watching an HP movie with cup of tea and Karachi cookies was probably the best way to end such a restful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment