Sunday, July 12, 2015

07/12

01:48

Relaxed. The two things that I have missed the most from the U.S. are seafood and movies (and friends and family too). But I actually got a taste of those two things today!

In the morning, Gabbie, Mariah and I took a taxi to St. Alphonsus Church. I love being able to practice my faith with others. And, I really wanted to go to Mass too because I have so many things to be grateful, and to ask for guidance. I feel extremely one with God during Mass, but I know that He is always watching and guiding me. And, being able to share this faith with others is such a humbling experience (plus they are chill vibes). 


After Mass, we are snacks at Starbucks. Today was such an American-filled food day. Surprisingly, American food makes my stomach tense. Maybe my body loves Indian food that American food just upsets my stomach. Stomach pains or not, I still finished my banana chocolate bread and green tea. Since we had a not-so-empty-stomach, we walked off our food and went shopping. I bought myself a red Kurtha, chennai and pants. I extremely love the Kurtha pants because they are tight at the bottom, but extremely baggy at the top.


I actually did not buy the yellow Kurtha because I look too much like a bumble bee! Instead, I got a red one since red always compliments my skin tone (in my opinion). By the time we finished shopping, Hard Rock Cafe was already opened. Since Gabbie had never eaten there, I wanted to expose her to superb and excellent American food. 


I have been craving for seafood here, but the seafood option in Hard Rock is infused with Indian food. I am straying away from Indian food because I do not want to get sick of them. So, I bought nachos and a salad! I know that is extremely far from seafood, but they came pretty close to my seafood cravings, if that makes any sense. 


Not only does the food look extremely appetizing, but they smelled wonderful and tasted like a whirlwind of flavors. Honestly, I did not care if the meal was expensive because this meal was by far the most scrumptious! We even had great service and the Hard Knox in India is ten times bigger and better than the ones in the U.S. For example, their bathrooms had classical rock quoted that were lit up! On the walls of the restaurant, they had famous items from rock artists. They even have weekly (every Thursday) rock bands that perform! That is a must-to-see before I leave India. Overall, it was great service, mouth-watering food that satisfied my seafood cravings and excellent decor (I should put this in their yelp).

By the time we finished eating, all of us felt food coma, so we drove back to ICRISAT. I love how I am always "womaning" the radio because I can put sad simping songs that can make all of us knockout. And, I sure did have a great nap listening to Chronixx in the car.

When I got back to the room, Mariah knocked out, but I spent an hour or two just learning about current events. I tried watching a documentary about ISIS, but then my eyes just started closing. By the way, being in ICRISAT makes me in the mood of wanting to learn 24/7 (nerd 101). 

After waking up from a much-needed nap at 8 PM, I got my laundry set up for the morning (3 loads), and prepared my PB&J dinner. Tonight was a Harry Potter type of night, so Mariah and I watched Prisoner of Azkaban. I love sharing my love for Harry Potter with other fans because the series touched my life. When I was in 5th grade, I opened the first pages of Chamber of Secrets. Now, reflecting on my Harry Potter experience, I am very appreciative of people's imaginations and curiosity. Those two things can drive someone to think outside of the box and even be themselves. Human creativity is extremely precious, and the Harry Potter series epitomize that concept. 

Well, now I am awake at 2 in the morning because of my 4 hour nap, but I am extremely glad to have done the two things that I miss from home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment