Monday, July 27, 2015

07/24

9:14 (writing this on 09/28)

Educational. Today was the big day for the Cornell folks; they were finally presenting their research! Before lunch, I had to sit through all of the presentations; I felt as if I was a student all over again! I realized how difficult it was to focus on the presentations. Although I am excited for college, I do not think I am ready to sit on lectures. I am easily distracted by Google!

Nonetheless, I gained a very valuable lesson from the PowerPoint presentations: there is no need to be scared to present because I have already done it! I do not know why I worry so much about my presentation (maybe because I care so much?). But, a presentation is just a presentation! I have done hundreds of them, and I am going to do another one soon. It should be an exciting opportunity, not anything intimidating. When I saw them present, I knew that I could do it. The main difference between myself and the presenters was experience. And, I will just gain more experience after my
presentation. Plus, I have a bunch of people supporting me in this entire internship that there is honestly nothing to fear. 

After work, I hung around with the people going to Bangalore. Seeing them leave for the weekend was a tad depressing. I cannot imagine fully saying "see-you later" to them in a couple of weeks.

Well, I have the weekend to relax and enjoy all the perks of ICRISAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment