Monday, July 20, 2015

07/19

9:15 (writing this on 07/21)

Rapture. During the morning, I went for an early bike ride with the Princeton folks. I am just in awe every time I go for a bike ride! ICRISAT has so many beautiful landscapes and various animals that range from peacocks to Bulls. Believe me when I say that ICRISAT is a tropical animal resort!

After the bike ride, I got ready to go to brunch with our group. As usual, the driver ran on Filipino time, so we left for Brunch by 14:00. On top of that, the driver did not know how to get to our Brunch place. So, we spent about 30 minutes looking for the place and we were already cranky and hungry. Those two adjectives are not fun when combined together.

By the time we got to Olive Bistro, our brunch place, many people did not want to eat there because of the price (Rs 1500/person). I tried convincing people that we went our way to get here, and there was so many food available to us! And, did I mention that it was a buffet of delicious Western food? My persuasion skills worked and we had a feast! 

I started eating this plate of appetizers and I almost teared up from the whirlwind of flavors from the salad, zucchini, prawns, and etc. 


Then, I moved on to the Pesto Pasta and I had to close my eyes on each bite (yes, the food was that great)! I even ate Tenderloin steak. 


And, I finished my meal with these lovely desserts! The chocolate fudge literally melted in my mouth. I do not think that I have ever felt as happy as I was in Olive Bistro. I reached the level of rapture! And, it wasn't just the food but the great company of my friends. They enjoyed the food just as I did, and that definitely added on to the experience. 


On our way to ICRISAT, we jammed to American music and danced our way home! I do not think that I would ever have the same exotic Brunch experience anywhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment