Monday, July 20, 2015

07/20

9:32 (writing this on 07/21)

Tedious. I have a long to-do list for my project and I know that I have to do over-time (2-3 hours extra) each day. And, Monday was that day...

During the day, I joined this seminar for the Cornell students. I had so much trouble keeping my eyes open. I paid attention for the first ten minutes, then I had to pinch myself and doodle to lee myself awake. How am I going to survive with my 8 AM classes in Berkeley? Actually, how am I going to get up for those classes?!?!

During the afternoon, Pallavi explained to me her notes, and I kept thinking to myself how effective and useful SHGs were in empowering women, and uplifting rural villages from poverty. At its core, SHGs practice micro finance, but there is so much more information to that! I have to analyze the government regulations, the different benefits (4 in total), the reasons that make groups fail, and the list goes on! I just have to focus on my objectives so that my paper is not all over the place. 

I know that I am putting my best in my work, but sometimes I feel like it is not enough. I simply do not know enough about creating diagrams and charts, and I have to spend most of my time learning rather than writing. I am not doubting my abilities, but I get discouraged to see the amount of work that still needs to be done in my last 14 days of work. I just gotta stay grinding and hustling.

I finished work at around 7 PM, and I worked out afterwards. My mind definitely needed physical activity because I have been sitting down for almost the entire day! Then, I came home to delicious food (Mac & Cheese and mashed potatoes). But, before eating that, Mariah and I had a delightful Skype conversation with Lisa. It was great to catch up with her! I definitely would not be writing this blog if it was not for her, Ms. Kavass and Ms. Basch. I have such wonderful female role models!

After dinner, I was extremely exhausted from my tedious work of plugging in the information to my computer. So, I slept like a baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment