Monday, June 29, 2015

06/29

9:02 (writing this on 06/30)

Unproductive. Today marked the very worst day of my work. I was on a "roll" with finishing my readings during the morning, but my momentum slowly declined after lunch. My mind kept falling asleep whenever I read a page from my book. I think I hit food coma right after lunch. So, to make a long story short, I was quite distracted, easily lost my focus, and did not get near my targeted goal for the day.

Since I felt so upset on myself for my lack of performance, I worked extremely hard during my gym workout. I did a speed workout, and by the time I finished, I could barely catch my breathe.

On top of that, I rocked my socks during my workout.



























After a very difficult workout, I got changed and went to Fida's room to indulge in her superb middle-eastern food.




















Her falafels were just like the falafels from San Francisco. I slightly get homesick every time I am reminded of San Francisco. 

I love talking to Fida because she makes me miss my family and my culture. Her love for her family and her pride for her culture makes me become a better daughter and sister, and get back into my Filipino roots. 

I ended the night with a bike ride that probably made my bruise worse. The wind refreshed me and I no longer cared about my bike bruise (which I named "Bobby"). Oh, and I also did my daily call with Mara (shoutout to her). Talking to her justified my homesickness because it hit me that all our conversations are virtual. And, I have 7 more weeks of these virtual conversations. Well, it is better than nothing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment