Saturday, June 20, 2015

06/18

4:49 AM GMT (56 mins until ETA)


Confused. I landed at London at 11:00 PM. I sat with really nice people that told me about TopMasters and gave me tips about traveling London city during my layover. I also watched the Imitation Game, and felt so intrigued to learn about the power of math (as nerdy as that sounds). Anyways, it's unbelievable that I time travelled this entire time in the airplane. And, I spent the majority of those 10 "time-traveling" hours sleeping. 

When I got to the London airport, I felt extremely confused. I knew where my next flight was, but somehow, I still felt so confused. So, I spent a good amount of my time charging my phone and finding out how to transfer my miles to my name. Then, I realized that the Hyderabad flight was at 15:15. I thought that 15:15 was 5:15, NOT 3:15 PM. So, I decided to take my time at around 2:30 PM and I bought a burger and a very refreshing Piña Colada. Since I was such a "confused traveller", I kept asking the waiters to interpret the Airport screen, even though it was in plain English. The waitress even admitted that I was such a confused person. After talking to her, I realized that my gate opens in 30 minutes, and I needed to take a shuttle to get there! So, I got my order to go and speed-walked to my gate, while getting very lost on the way.

I made it to my gate with just 5 minutes to spare. Since I am traveling on my own, I couldn't help but ask people questions about Hyderabad, while also telling them about my summer internship. How's the food like there? What is there to do? Is it extremely hot there? I am such a confused and curious tourist! 

I am about 35 minutes until landing, and I feel a combination of fear, excitement, and happiness. I am so humbled and grateful to have this global opportunity to fully learn about myself, and how I can further be of service to others. Let's get this summer crankin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment